Monday, November 1, 2010
The Unicode Standard, Version 3.0
by The Unicode Consortium
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional 2000
Number of pages: 1072
The authoritative technical guide to the creation of software for worldwide use. The text includes detailed specifications for Unicode: structure, conformance, encoding forms, character properties, semantics, equivalence, combining characters, logical ordering, conversion, allocation, big/little endian usage, Korean syllables formation, control characters, case mappings, numeric values, mathematical properties, writing directions, character shaping, etc.
he Unicode Standard, Version 3.0 is THE authoritative source of information on the Unicode character-encoding standard, which makes it possible to create global software and share data across languages, nations, and locales worldwide. Encompassing all of the world's widely-used scripts and character sets, Unicode represents the foundation for international software; it is already supported by Java TM, Windows NT/2000, NetWare, QuickDraw GX, and many other environments and applications. This authorized guide documents all essential elements of Unicode 3.0, including its basic principles, code charts, implementation techniques, and rules for conformance. It contains up-to-the-minute coverage of the latest scripts included in Unicode 3.0, as well as more than a decade's implementation experience from the world's leading experts in multilingual applications.
Presents the authoritative source of information on the Unicode character encoding standard, the international character code for information processing including all major scripts of the world.
From the Back Cover
* Characters for all the languages of the world
* The standard for the new millennium
* Required for XML and the Internet
* The basis for modern software standards and products
* The official way to implement ISO/IEC 10646
* The key to global interoperability
The Unicode Standard, Version 3.0
The authoritative, technical guide to the creation of software for worldwide use.
Detailed specifications for Unicode:
* Structure, conformance, encoding forms, character properties, semantics, equivalence, combining characters, logical ordering, conversion, allocation, big/little endian usage, Korean syllable formation, control characters, case mappings, numeric values, mathematical properties, writing directions (Arabic, Japanese, English, and so on), character shaping (Arabic, Devanagari, Tamil, and so on)
Expanded implementation guidelines by experts in global software design:
* Normalization, sorting and searching, case mapping, compression, language tagging, boundaries (characters, word, lines, and sentences), rendering of non-spacing marks, transcoding to other character sets, handling unknown characters, surrogate pairs, numbers, editing and selection, keyboard input, and more
Comprehensive charts, references, glossary, and indexes:
* Codes, names, appearances, aliases, cross-references, equivalences, radical-stroke ideographic index, Shift-JIS index, and more
The comprehensive Unicode Character Database for:
* Character codes, names, properties, decompositions, upper- ,lower-, and title cases, normalizations, shaping
International, national, and vendor character mappings for:
* Western European, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Greek, Russian, and others
* Windows, Macintosh, Unix, and Linux
Unicode Technical Reportsthat extend the standard for:
* Sorting, displaying, normalizing, linebreaking, compression, serialization, regular expressions, CR/LF, XML, case mappings, and more
Another Software Engineering Books
Labels: Software Engineering